Sunday, October 2, 2011

Weekend Recap


It was a long weekend. A long weekend indeed! Most of last week, and all of Friday and Saturday were spent sewing and setting up for Fashion on Fire, which was a benefit fashion show for the local chapter of the Black Firefighters Association. The show was fabulous, and featured garments from 8 other local designers and myself. I had the pleasure of working with 10 amazing models (2 of which are relatives) one of them being my little man, who finally decided to walk on his own (he has always walked with someone else before.) I will share some of the runway photos as soon as the photographers get them up, and I get permission to link to them. Dinner this evening is Matzoh Ball soup from the recipe in VWAV, and home made veggie broth loosely based off of the recipe in VWAV. We didn't have any leeks, so I subbed cabbage, and I used red onions (I did have yellow and white, but the red look so darned pretty cooking with the carrots, cabbage, and celery) and the broth came out amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment