Monday, October 2, 2017

Vegan MoFo 2017: Day 2: JUNK FOOD!!!

Today's theme was a good one (or bad one depending upon how you want to look at your it.) JuNK fOod!  For dinner, we kept old school with comfort foods for me that I seldom (like once or twice a year?) eat anymore... Boca Chick'n patties, on Rudi's Organic Bakery whole wheat burger buns., with homemade ranch dressing, (because it's handsdown the best vegan ranch I have had in my nearly 10 years as a vegan, and we went full fat indulgence for these), and sandwich pickle slices from Whole Foods.  We had these with Plentils which are hands down our favorite chips.I am in love with the dill and Sour Cream (which I believe I called by the  wrong name in our video,) while the boy is a Margherita Pizza fanatic.  For dessert, I indulged in some chocolatey deliciousness by way of Halloween Rice Milk Chocolate Bites which are also from EnjoyLife, that we had found at Natural Grocers over the week end. (The rice milk crisp bar is sadly not vegan.) Those are one of my favorite candy bars, and as we discuss in the video, they were a welcome reprive from insanely dark, bitter chocolates that were so common when I first went vegan. These guys and Sjaaks know how to do rice  milk chocolate perfectly. 😍 The boy chose something fancy (and I can't blame him) for his dessert...  the Persian Lime tarts from Hail Merry.  The aftermath pic is on Instagram and a video is up on the YouTube channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment