Sunday, October 9, 2011

Peace in the Middle East open face sandwiches


Due to the morons who live below us fighting in the middle of the night almost daily this week, and screwing up my sleep schedule, I passed out around 11:30 Saturday and woke up to screaming at 3 am and was unable to fall back asleep. So I decided to force some vegan propaganda on veggies and make fatoush. Only I realized around 6 am that I had no sumac, onion, or lemon. So I got creative. I still had a half loaf of challah. Had made some amazing dilly-tzatziki sauce (crazy easy, it's just one container of vegan sour cream, a grated cuke, a little garlic, and a whole lot of dill) which I typically eat the entire container of within 24 hours of making it. I'm told it will last up to a week in the fridge, but it's never lasted in mine more than 36 before it's in my tummy. Little man (thankfully according to my greedy side) doesn't like it. He refuses to try it. I even tried telling him it's pickle yogurt with no sale. *his loss* So I shredded up some of the flat leaf parsley from the farmers market, shredded some mint, sliced 2 tomatoes and a cucumber, threw in some garlic, and lightly drizzled with olive oil. I'm calling these open faced sammies peace in the middle east. I honestly think that if all the feuding assholes sat down together and ate these, great things would happen. But anyway, take a slice of challah (I'm sure Italian bread or a French loaf would work, but you'd have to rename them), spread liberally with the dill-tziki sauce, and shower with the not quite complete but still insanely delicious fatuosh.

No comments:

Post a Comment