Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Half way there...


It's been a long week, but thankfully today was the halfway mark. After a long day of work, apartment searching, Dr. visit (stupid varicella vaccination in Nebraska), playing tech support for my grandparents (whose internet is still not working an hour and a half later, I swear something was not connected, and that the Cox technician took a cable with him after he visited them that morning for 5 minutes and told them to buy a new modem), it was time to work on little man's poem of the week (Mary had a little lamb) and do his homework assignment to go with it (he actually enjoys these, finding words that rhyme, tapping out the beats, and counting things within the poem), it was time to settle in for dinner. I mentioned on Saturday that I had something else in store for the remainder of the pumpkin roasted red pepper filling for the ravioli, and here it is:

Kale and potato tacos with pumpkin roasted red pepper nacho cheese


I took medium sized potatoes, peeled, diced and boiled for about 10 minutes until slightly softened. Drained them, seasoned with garlic powder, cumin, and a little salt, and lightly pan fried in olive oil until slightly browned on all sides, at this point, I tore up about a half a head of kale, and threw it in the pan with the potatoes over low heat, meanwhile, in a sauce pan, I combined the remaining cup or so of the pumpkin/pepper mixture, added 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk, 1/4 cup of nooch, and liberally shaked in some hot sauce ( I recommend doing this to taste), mixed the crap out of it, let it just start to boil, and turned it down to low while i waited for the potatoes to finish cooking. I warmed up 7 tortillas (fajita size) and then filled with the potatoes and kale mixture, drizzled the pumpkin cheese across the top, and topped with diced red and yellow tomatoes. Little man never eats tomatoes (though he is a devout fan of tomato sauces) and he ate both colors of tomatoes and asked why I don't make these everyday! <3 I think we found a new Wednesday favorite!Link

No comments:

Post a Comment