Monday, October 15, 2012

Chopped Challenge part 2: Sweet and spicy butternut quiche

So, I'm kinda pissed that the top cracked, so the recipe obviously needs tweeking, but the flavor results were delicious. I used 1/2 butternut squash mashed, 1 block medium firm tofu, mashed as well, 1/4 cup tahini, 1/4 cup nooch, 2 cloves minced garlic, 2tsp minced rosemary, 1/8th cup water, 1/2 cup apricot preserves, salt, 4 grinds from the good ole fashioned red pepper/chili grinder, a pinch of white pepper, and a couple sprigs of rosemary for decoration. For the crust I used 1 cup popcorn meal, 1 cup whole wheat flour, a pinch of salt 1/3 cup olive oil, and 1/4 cup water. Baked at 350 for 45 minutes. Tastes pretty good even if it did crack, but the boy wouldn't touch it (he's weird about anything from a pie pan) so I had to do the popped tarts too.



popcorn meal

the crust



Ready for the oven
Ready for my tummy







1 comment: