Thursday, October 4, 2012

VeganMofo Day 4/ Day 31 of School















Lunch today was goulash with freeze dried strawberries, a blueberry archer farms fruit leather,a vanilla almond milk, and a bat (or batman?) cookie that we baked last night, but ran out of time to decorate. Maybe tomorrow night? The cookie recipe was http://www.vegweb.com/recipes/quick-and-easy-sugar-cookies I was worried at first that they were going to be too soft, but they came out great, although as a heads up, if you plan to make cut out cookies, I recommend rolling them straight onto a floured cookie sheet, and cutting them out on there, because the dough is really, really soft even after refrigerating it for a couple of hours.Outfit of the day was a forest green polo with breast pockets, and jeans. Little man's teacher had spoke to me yesterday morning when I dropped him off at school. She told me that his reading and comprehension level is at a third grade level, and they put him in a special reading club with older kids, and they're working on chapter books! So to celebrate I took him to McFoster's Natural Kind (a local vegetarian restaurant) for dinner. He wanted blueberry pancakes. I got the salisbury fake lentil loaf with smashed potatoes and gravy, and sauteed veggies. It was delicious! I am a lover of lentils though, they taste preseasoned always. Is that weird? Because they're kinda peppery? Anyway, the food was amazing! We also ordered the tempura veggies (G-d help me I love peppers and broccoli fried) with vegan cucumber ranch dressing (wow, I ate two cups full) and miso tahini dressing (finally found something little man likes besides his beloved ginger vinagrette!) We had the GF/vegan chocolate chocolate chip cookies for dessert. Very yummy as well. Then we went to the store so I could pick up some VWG. It was labelled on the shelf, in the middle of the gluten free section as Gluten Free Flour :/ Wow there are some stupid people in corporate jobs, and I will leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment